Student Eligibility

To receive federal student aid, a student must meet certain eligibility requirements as listed below:

  • Must be enrolled as a regular student working towards a degree or certificate offered by 澳门六合彩.
  • Cannot also be enrolled in elementary or secondary school.
  • Must have a high school diploma, GED, or have been homeschooled.
  • Must not be in default on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal grant.
  • Must be a U.S. citizen or registered permanent resident.
  • Must register with Selective Service, if required to do so.
  • Must be making聽satisfactory academic progress (SAP)聽to retain eligibility for federal student aid.
  • Must meet enrollment status requirement. To receive a Direct Loan or a Parent PLUS Loan, students must be enrolled at least half-time. To receive the Pell Grant, Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant, or the TEACH Grant, students, in some cases, may be enrolled for less than half-time. The amount of the award for these grants will vary depending on the number of hours enrolled.
  • Must not have been convicted of possession or sale of drugs during a period of enrollment for which the student received federal student aid. In order to determine your eligibility, please contact the financial aid department for help accessing a drug conviction worksheet.
  • Must not be incarcerated. Incarcerated students are not eligible for FSA loans, but are eligible for FSEOGs and FWS. They are also eligible for Pell grants if they are not incarcerated in a federal or state penal institution. A student is considered to be incarcerated if he or she is serving a criminal sentence in a federal, state, or local penitentiary, prison, jail, reformatory, work farm, or similar correctional institution (whether it is operated by the government or a contractor). A student is not considered to be incarcerated if he or she is in a half-way house or home detention or is sentenced to serve only weekends.