Frequently Asked Questions
Dual-Credit Program

Application Support

New students must first be admitted into the program. Thomas More will collect ALL new applications at one time from their school in:

  • Mid-March for the fall semester
  • Mid-October for the spring semester
  • Once collected, it will take approximately 1 to 4 weeks for Thomas More to process and admit.

After Thomas More has processed a student’s application and the student has been admitted, the Thomas More Dual-Credit program will be sharing similar information via a registration guide that will be provided from the high school counselor to each Thomas More Dual-Credit student.

If a student is currently in the Thomas More Dual-Credit program,聽they do not need to reapply for the next year. However, students should make聽sure they have discussed their dual-credit plans with their high school聽counselor.

Students wishing to receive an accommodation in their course will need to register with the聽Office for Student Accessibility.

Yes, for the same tuition rate as聽during the fall and spring semesters. Please note that this rate only applies聽while the student is in high school. Therefore, the summer after the senior聽year, they are no longer eligible.

For more information on cost of attendance please visit our聽Estimated Cost of Attendance听辫补驳别

Cost & Fees

Because the credits transfer as high聽school credits, students still earn KEES money for their courses.

No, students are not allowed to utilize KEES money for dual-credit courses. Read more about聽.

For more information on cost of attendance please visit our聽Estimated Cost of Attendance听辫补驳别

Students do not need to complete聽the FAFSA for the Thomas More Dual-Credit program.

Unfortunately, because the KHEAA scholarship process involves KHEAA, Thomas More, and the student; this process can take some time.

If your student has completed their KY Dual-Credit Scholarship application, KHEAA will provide that information to us. Enrollment verification is done in bulk by our Financial Aid office throughout the end of the semester as updates are provided to us by KHEAA.

If you are anticipating a refund, please contact our聽Financial Aid office with any questions.

Campus Information

Any Dual-Credit student can get an Thomas More ID card made to receive the same privileges as full-time Thomas More students, such as access to the library, student admission to athletic and cultural events, and more. To get your student ID, please visit the Campus Safety office in the Saints Center.

Yes, you may need a permit. There is no cost to get a parking permit. To obtain your parking permit, you can visit the Campus Safety Office in the Saints Center to get your permit.

Course Registration

罢丑别听is released approximately one month prior to registration. For summer/fall courses, this will be in late February/early March. For spring courses, this will be in late September/early October.

Yes, Thomas More Dual-Credit students can take online classes.

Interested students should contact their school counselor and/or the Dual-Credit office (once they’ve been admitted to the program) for more information.

In general, we recommend that students stick to general education courses; however, we have a number of Dual-Credit Pathwayoptions available for students.

A Dual-Credit Pathway is an option for Thomas More Dual-Credit students to test out potential majors of interest by completing a track of courses that add up to a semester’s worth of that major at Thomas More.

With KY HB 206 (2017) regarding dual credit, there is no limit on the number of courses a student can take at the discounted rate.聽However, students are not permitted to take more than 18 hours (4 or 5 courses) in any given semester.

To find what day classes start based on the semester you’re enrolling, please select the Academic Calendar that you鈥檙e looking for.

To find the add and drop deadlines for each semester, please visit the聽Academic Calendar that you鈥檙e looking for.

Please note:聽if you are a planning on dropping a course, please notify your school counselor to request the Thomas More Dual-Credit office drop you from your course(s).

Any high school student wishing to withdraw from a Thomas More course after the first day of class must submit the request through their high school counselor. This can also be a College and Career Coordinator or any other designated administrator from the high school.

Prospective Student Information

Both AP and dual credit provide students with a rigorous academic challenge. With AP, students are learning content to prepare towards taking a qualifying test to determine if they earn college credit. Each college will award credit for AP scores differently. With dual-credit, students who successfully pass their course will earn credit at Thomas More which may be transferable to many other institutions.

If a student is attending a postsecondary institution – at any age – the rights under FERPA have transferred to the student.聽 However, when a student is enrolled in both a high school and a postsecondary institution, the two schools may exchange information on that student.聽 If the student is under 18, the parents still retain the rights under FERPA at the high school and may inspect and review any records sent by the postsecondary institution to the high school.

We encourage the students to communicate with their professors about grades, course questions, etc. Additionally, students may reach out to the Thomas More Dual-Credit office if they need help navigating campus resources.

This is an excellent opportunity for students to strengthen their high school curricula and experience college coursework while still in the 鈥渟afe鈥 environment of high school.聽 Students who start in their junior year could earn an entire semester or more of college work by the time they graduate and at significant savings.

Generally, the courses available are entry-level general education courses. This will vary with each high school. To learn more about the courses offered at your high school, please contact your high school counselor.

Registration & Technical Issues

Students who are having technical issues can contact the IT Services Help Desk by going to their , emailing, or calling 859-344-3646.

First check with your professor for that course to troubleshoot any issues. After that, please contact the IT Services Help Desk by going to their , emailing, or calling 859-344-3646.

Transcript Information

Once a student has been admitted into the Thomas More Dual-Credit program, they must maintain a Thomas More GPA of 2.0 or higher to continue taking classes prior to high school graduation. Otherwise, they will have to sit out a semester and apply for reinstatement later.

The receiving institution will determine what and how courses聽will transfer. Please contact any institution you are considering to see how聽the credits will transfer.